Re: [GSoC] Few observations regarding Blends Web Sentinel

Hi Akshita,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 07:52:55AM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:
> > might be missing and most of the remaining entries do not even have a
> > packaging skeleton in VCS (which would be a precondition).  I think we
> > need to do a short ping to the "Responsible" person if the entry is
> > needed any more and whether help might be needed to create a packaging
> > skeleton in VCS.  BTW, do you have some basic Debian packaging skills?
> >

> I am sorry but I cannot say that I have basic Debian packaging skills.
> However, I am more than willing to learn. Is there something relevant I can
> work on ?

There is no need to.  It is not necessary for the task but would have
been a (admittedly minor) advantage.  The task you need to would be to
fill in some templates of debian/control, debian/changelog,
debian/metadata/upstream basically and when doing so you will get some
clue.  These are the machine readable files that are parsed to get the
needed Blends metadata.  Commiting this to a Git repository is no big
deal.  En passant you will get some idea what files will be needed to
package some software which might be an extra advantage for you.  You
will easily learn this after I have shown you an example.

> > It pretty much contains no packages except from some non-microbiology
> > packages which are not used in medical microbiology.  In addition it has
> > med-bio as Recommends and med-bio-dev as Suggests.  However a user does
> > not want to see the metapackages here but rather the list of packages
> > coming with the metapackage.  So what we need to approach is to
> > "resolve" these Dependencies for rendering the tasks page.  Is this a
> > sensible explanation or do I need to explain it more verbosely?
> >
> Thanks alot. After your explanation, things are much clearer.

:-)

> > Hope this answers all your questions.  Feel free to bother me about
> > more details.
>
> Thanks again for answering all my questions. This has really helped me get
> a clearer picture of the task to be accomplished.

After reading your timeline posting I'm very sure that I was able to
answer your questions.  The document looks very structured and I have no
additional hints to it.

Looking forward to work together with you in GSoC