Re: Would like review of what seems to be a blend forming for the cloud

Hi Tyler,

Quoting Tyler Riddle (2014-04-14 18:45:16)
> It seems that what the members of the [cloud] team are doing is
> creating a blend for the cloud [i.e.] what looks to be Debian/Wheezy
> but under the hood contains surprises and being experimented on (from
> the user perspective).

A Debian Blend is a Debian derivative that aims to become a pure subset
of Debian (i.e. a Debian Pure Blend).  More info on definitions here:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends#Blend

By that definition, it seems your concern is that the cloud team does
_not_ produce a Debian Blend, but rather a (non-Blend) derivative.

Maybe they agree with that, or maybe they indeed feel that their changes
are small tweaks necessary for their use cases.

Here in the Blends team we care strongly about the definition of those
terms, but do not dictate how or how much a Blend can derive: A Debian
Pure Blend is governed by rules, policies and guidelines of Debian
itself, but a Debian Blend is, like any other derivative, external to
Debian and therefore not (yet) governed by Debian.

Hope that helps in your discussions with the cloud team.

 - Jonas