Re: Is there a VERY minimalist "Pure Blend"

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 01:50:13PM +0100, stephan.engberg@obivision.com wrote:
> 1) It exclude the 99,9999% of the population that have no chance in hell
> of doing so.  For all practical purposes there is litte difference to them
> what license, their devices operate.

Oh no, Stephan's logic again!
You really have a talent for that!
You should be a politician!

99,9999% of the population have no idea how to find out whether
Iranian nuclear facilities are suitable for producing weaponry,
yet it makes a difference to us whether the UN is permitted to
oversee such facilities or not.

I find the trustworthiness of debian binaries more important
for western democracies than whether Iran can produce weapons
or not, considering the immense number of critical systems based
on them. How can we allow EU inspectors to ensure that those
binaries are produced from the correct source codes?

I know everyone is operating in best intentions, but so is
the Iranian government. We need to get beyond the trust thing.
Trust in technology is the essence of evil.

> 3) Just because something is self-complied does not mean that it is good
> or adabted to your needs - and most of what you depend on is operated by
> technology and providers outside your control.

Yes, but it is pointless to even start looking at source codes
if most people will execute somebody else's binary anyway.

[removed off-topic rambling]

--
	    http://youbroketheinternet.org
 ircs://psyced.org/youbroketheinternet