Re: Metapackages in "Section: metapackages" or not (Was: visibility of Debian Pure Blends)

Quoting Andreas Tille (2014-10-26 17:17:37)
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 02:49:24PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> [IMO it should not] be mandatory for blend packages to be tagged as
>> metapackages (in the form they are currently handled).
>
> It is not mandatory by blends-dev.  [implementation details skipped]
> For me it becomes more and more evident that we need to discuss more
> on this list about needs of different Blends and how to correctly
> implement this.

Well, one reason for lack of discussion in the past is that (as far as I
am aware) only one tool for creating blends have existed: blends-dev.

Assuming you mean discussion (also) across tools, I look forward to some
friendly competition, now that boxer is finally in a reasonably usable
state (after 2 failed attempts, first one dating back to February 2011).

If all goes well (after dramatic events less than an hour before
deadline of "freeze minus 10 days" - see details at bug#766903), it is
likely that boxer even enters Jessie!

 - Jonas