Re: Debian Games Team website

[CCing Blends list as well]

Hi Alexandre,

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 01:43:27PM -0300, Alexandre Dantas wrote:
> Hi Andreas, I think I ran into the same encoding issue you just
> mentioned.
>
> I'm posting about this on the mailing list hoping that someone
> can help and also saving the solution for future queries.
>
> I got the Blends Website repository[0] and downloaded the UDD[1],
> following all the instructions to keep a local copy of it
> (set up postgresql and stuff).
>
> Unfortunately whenever I try to build the Debian Games Blend...
>
>     cd ~/path/to/blends/website
>     cd webtools/
>     ./tasks.py debian-games
>
> ...it aborts with an error message like this:
>
>     Trackback (most recent call last):
>       File "./tasks.py", line 181 in <module>
>         print >> f, template.generate(**data).render('xhtml')
>     UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xbb' in
> position 4930: orginal not in range(128)
>
> So have you ran on this same issue?

Yes.

> How do you work around it?

That's the problem - I have no real workaround.  I wrapped it into
try-except but I have no real clue how to track the issue down.  I have
bisected the problem to reduce the amount of data with the "fun" Blend
(which has the only purpose of debugging).  You might like to try.

   ./tasks.py fun

and see if you have a clue how to fix the code.  I did not found a
solution up to now.

> Note that I did not made any changes to the code, just want to see it
> working locally before doing anything.

We seem to be in the same situation now.