Re: [GSoC] blends-gen-control hints (Was: blends-dev, gsoc 2013)

[Petter, please read below starting with "@Petter"]

Hi Emmanouil,

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 03:45:18PM +0300, Emmanouil Kiagias wrote:
> >  I personally
> > started with a README file in udd/sql.  Perhaps it is appropriate to
> > continue here.
> >
> You mean in the udd/sql/README from the git://
> git.debian.org/git/collab-qa/udd.git ?

Yes.

> > BTW, I just commited and tested the "Section", "Enhances", etc.  keys
> > and will implemented in production UDD in a couple of hours.
>
> wow that was fast :-)

Well, this was easy ... [1]

> >  The
> > stumbling stone was (as usual) totally unconnected with my change[1].
> > The whole update process of tasks was broken by some change and I needed
> > to fix this first.
>

> Yes I checked the issue from your url, weird.

Anyway I turned svn.debian.org URLs into anonscm.debian.org and all
worked again.[2]  Just finding the reason for the problem was way
more nifty than coding[1].

> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 04:18:53PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> |> Note for my-TODO list:
> |>    Add fields:
> |>         Section
> |>         Enhances
> |>         Leaf
> |>         Test-always-lang
> |>    to UDD importer and Blends doc.
> |
> |Done for UDD importer, needs to be done in Blends doc.
>
> :-), I will try from now on be that responsive in my code fixes and progress

:-)

> So with these new fields and soon as we have the alternative packages I
> think we can generate the control/task-description containing the same info
> they contain from the current blend-gen-control.

I will be somehow offlinish until 9th July.  I'll join FISL[3] and will
start traveling next monday beeing back home at 8.7. evening.  Chances
are good that I'll do some stuff when traveling and when beeing at the
conference but you can never know.  So in case I will not manage to
implement the table featuring the alternatives this should be no
showstoper for the moment.

@Petter

> I only have one note: Sorry I forgot mention yesterday about one extra
> header/field because I did not find any relevant header in any Blend's
> tasks(or I may missed something).In the current blend-gen-control in
> print_task_desc() (lines 276-280) there is:
>
> for $header (keys %{$taskinfo{$task}}) {
>   if ($header =~ m/test-.+/i) {
>     print "$header: $taskinfo{$task}{$header}\n";
>   }
> }
>
> So it looks for a header inside a task which contains a substring matching
> the regex "test-.+", as I said I did not find any header like that in the
> task files. Which header case does this cover? Does the blend-gen-control
> should include it ? That's the last missing part (sorry I did not mention
> this yesterday with the rest extra headers), if we solve this that then we
> fully imitate the current  blend-gen-control's functionality.

I'm not aware about this "test-.+" header fields but Petter (in CC) who
invented the original blend-gen-control might shade some light into it
whether it will be needed or not.  If it is not used in any tasks file
my guess is it is not used any more.

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-qa/udd.git;a=commitdiff;h=176cc3ef7f8b821c54047af57c234d696ae8bd88
[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=blends/website.git;a=commitdiff;h=84e6a2d0e6c8c38d7e3370026fc8c27feb29494d
[3] http://softwarelivre.org/fisl14