Re: blends and Google Summer of Code?

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > > Just throw your perspective text against the mailing list, we will
> > > be here to help refine it

> If anybody wants to make refinements - this

>    https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/Projects#Redesign_metapackage_creation_for_Debian_Blends

> is now the right place to go.

to me the goal is not quite clear.  First you push into a direction of
using debtags, but because (as we discussed at some point I believe) the
tag-set is quite limited ATM we cannot really use it ATM and it would
require more of discussion/coordination with debtags people to make it
useful for our purposes, than of any actual software development.

Then you describe "The task of the GSoC project is to rewrite the
blends-dev code to enable architecture dependent metapackages." which is
a clear statement but has nothing to do with tags ;)

So if it is just about architecture dependent packages -- drop debtags
from description, may be?  or discuss with debtags people (Enrico?)
first on possibility of formalizing/extending debtags space to cover
blends/tasks ?

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org