Re: [GSoC] tasks_diff hints (compare task files between Blend releases)

Hello Andreas,

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

I think this is more or less the data we need to include into
d/changelog.  Regarding the name:  I do not consider myself as very good
in inventing names and this one seems to be perfectly OK.

:-)

Probably yes because this will finally be the user visible name.  Please
note that you can get this via

   /usr/share/blends-dev/blend-get-names metapackageprefix

I do not say that blend-get-names is something we should keep for ever
in this form but we need some names in various places and some common
interface to obtain these makes sense.

Ok, I will also use the same to obtain the blendname for blend-gen-control

For the moment I do not have any hints for enhancing tasks_diff.

BTW, yesterday I have seen in some control file:

   Build-Depends: pkg1 [!arch1 !arch2 !arch3], pkg2 [!arch1], ...

This might be an idea for an alternative way to create a single control
file (after having checked the relevant docs which I did not - may be
this is only valid for Build-Depends which I doubt but checking might
not harm).

Ok I will check that

Kind regards

Emmanouil