Re: Merge debian/blends into debian/upstream? [Was: Additional fields in debian/upstream?]

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 06:54:12AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Le Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 09:07:07AM -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko a écrit :
> > > So what about adding a new field to debian/upstream:
> > > Blends:
> > >  - blend: debian-science
> > >    task: psychophysics
> > >  - blend: debian-med
> > >    task: imaging-dev
> > >    package: example-dev

> > Hi Yaroslav,
> > while the YAML format of debian/upstream allows for a lot of arbitrary
> > information to be added, I think it would be better to limit its scope to data
> > that describe the upstream work, as opposed to data related to the Debian
> > archive or relationship with other packages.
> +1

archive?  what archive? ;-)  other packages? -- there is none (only a
loose connection to the Debian packages of this particular piece).

But "the scope" is a good argument -- "blends"/"tasks" sound indeed too
Debian-specific.  But semantically -- shouldn't they be quite a good
match to describe the domain/purpose of the software?

So may be we could converge on introducing tagging
(similar/extending to debtagss)?  Micahel has already confessed today
committing   an improved  debian/upstream for fsl:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-exppsy/fsl.git;a=blob;f=debian/upstream;hb=HEAD#l29

e.g. shouldn't all packages tagged with field::medicine:imaging be
a part of debian-med imaging ?  ;-)

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences