Re: Additional fields in debian/upstream?

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 01:16:30AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> you are welcome to use arbitrary fields in debian/upstream; I chose YAML as the
> syntax in order to make this easy.
>
> However, I would recommend to aim at a simple structure: one field per ID, instead
>  of a mapping (hash) of IDs.

Not yet fluent in the language at this end. Are you saying that:

Also-Known-As:
  NeuroLex: someid
  NITRC: some other id

should rather be

NeuroLex-ID: someid
NITRC-ID: some other id

?

If that is the case, I'd like to have some reasoning what advantages
this would have. Currently, I can only see that disadvantage that the
logical/semantic grouping of fields with similar purpose is lost. After
all we do:

Reference:
  Author: ...

as well.

Thanks for the anticipated enlightenment ;-)

Michael

--
Michael Hanke
http://mih.voxindeserto.de