Re: Presentation + A debian-based for audio creation and production, stage technics and video blend (or "the future of TangoStudio")

First of all: Aurélien, you have raised a very important and interesting
topic here. Thanks a lot for that!

Quoting Aurélien - Chargé de Porn - AMMD (2012-11-13 11:27:42)
> Le 12/11/2012 11:53, rosea.grammostola a écrit :
> > * Make a Guide for configuration Debian for linuxaudio, WM independent.
>
> I don't believe in this, though I find it necessary.

I am not quite sure what is the meaning of your response, Aurélien.

If you mean that you do not believe that a configuration guide written
for (less-technical) end-users will be used a lot, then I agree with
you.

Writing such document as _if_ they would read it is however quite useful
as a stepping stone, as help for us developers realize what is missing
from the more ideal situation of not needing such document. We can look
at that document and maybe spot pieces that could be fully automated by
adjusting some details in our packages - or maybe by requesting upstream
to implement some additional hooks that we could use to smooth some
things.

...and until we reach a "version 1.0" of a Debian Pure Blend which need
no configuration manual (a.k.a. works out-of-the-box), more adventorous
users would sure benefit from the progressively shrinking documentation
documenting our earlier beta releases.

> * I've to say that I am by now not really sure about the answer I
> should give to the "Are you the good person for that project?"
> question in the Debian Blends doc!

What is crucially needed is someone leading this.  Which essentially
means someone that inspires others to do the underlying tasks.

This very mailinglist thread is quite inspiring.  Even more inspiring, I
believe, would be to take those existing french documentations that you
know about, mash them together, adapt to Debian unstable, put the result
onto the Debian wiki, and debate its content on the multimedia list.

Then for more generic issues of how to compose a Debian Pure Blend raise
questions on the blends list.

(please generally avoid posting to multiple lists, and if you do anyway
then at least very very clearly propose a single list for follow-ups)

Regards, and looking forward to work more with you on realizing this,

 - Jonas