Re: [Blends-commit] r3306 - /projects/med/trunk/debian-med/tasks/imaging

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 08:22:55PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Log:
> > Published-In is not matched 1:1 in debian/upstream files (more details in new system) - moved this field to "Remark"
>
> > -Published-In: see http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/Articles
> >  Registration: http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/Registration
> >  Remark: The 'tktools' (tkmedit, tksurfer and tkregister2)  under the
> >    CorTechs license are not readily redistributable thus excluded.
> > +  .
> > +  Here you can see a list where Freesurfer was cited
> > +  http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/Articles
>
> That is the intended role for the "References" field, with an "s" at the end.
> Perhaps that confusing name should be better changed before it is used too widely...

Well, the change was done in the tasks file exclusively because it
leaded to a confusingly empty "Please cite" entry on the tasks page
while at the same time hiding the intended link perfectly.

Regarding debian/upstream:  It might make sense to rename this field yes
and if you are brave enough to fiddle in "foreign" team Vcs you can even
add this in the debian/upstream file there.  I would have created such
an debian/upstream file - however, I was not able to find a real citation
of a paper describing Freesurfer itself and thus I gave up.