Re: Web sentinel possible for "foreign" repositories (Was: Presentation + A debian-based for audio creation and production, stage technics and video blend (or "the future of TangoStudio"))

Hi Paul,

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 09:01:36AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> I don't think "openstudio" can be considered a Debian Pure Blend yet,
> the metapackages aren't in Debian or even in NEW yet.

you are perfectly right here and I did not at all attempted to create
this impression.  I just used a known Git repository featuring tasks
files as a prove of concept that you now can use

   a) Git in addition to SVN to maintain your tasks files
   b) You are not bound to git.debian.org/blends for this repository

For instance this information might be interesting for Debian Edu people
who do not maintain their tasks files inside the Blends project (we used
svn-externals to cope with this) and want to switch to Git.  So the main
information of my mail was that two former restrictions are now relaxed.

On the other hand I think rendering the OpenStudio tasks that way might
be helpful to work on a *real* Debian Pure Blend to get a better idea
what is just done and what needs to be done.  The latter is actually not
really visible because the not yet included packages are lacking the
needed information (or preparation of packages in some Alioth repository
that is parsed by the machine readable gatherer) ... and so we only see
the official Debian part (which is IMHO a feature.)

For sure I will not create any links from the page that assembles the
links to all Blends tasks pages to the OpenStudio tasks as long as there
is no internal Blends effort.

Kind regards and thanks for the hint that my mail might need some
clarification