Re: Blend creation tool

Hi Enrico,

On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:26:18 +0200, Enrico Zini wrote
> Hello,
>
> I often need to turn a package selection + preseeds into a D-I CD.
> Basically, the simplest of blends.
>
> I've always used simple-cdd for that. Is it still the way to go, or are
> there more mainstream tools now?

Have you considered debian live tools for that? I guess currently it's the
simplest way to get a custom debian system (which includes a installable
system, not only live). Regarding preseeds:

"This kind of customization is best accomplished with live-build by placing
the configuration in a preseed.cfg file included in config/binary_debian-
installer/. For example, to preseed setting the locale to en_US:"

   $ echo "d-i debian-installer/locale string en_US" \
       >> config/binary_debian-installer/preseed.cfg

(from http://live.debian.net/manual/en/html/live-manual.html#551)

And package selection:

"There are a number of ways to choose which packages live-build will install
in your image, covering a variety of different needs. You can simply name
individual packages to install, either with the --packages option for a few
packages, or in a package list of your own for larger numbers. You can also
choose larger predefined lists of packages, or use APT tasks. And finally, you
may place package files in your config/ tree, which is well suited to testing
of new or experimental packages before they are available from a repository."

(from http://live.debian.net/manual/en/html/live-manual.html#customizing-
package-installation)

Regards,

--