Re: Blend creation tool

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:26:18AM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> I often need to turn a package selection + preseeds into a D-I CD.
> Basically, the simplest of blends.
>
> I've always used simple-cdd for that. Is it still the way to go, or are
> there more mainstream tools now?

I admit I never used simple-cdd and so I can not really compare it.

I also can not tell whether it is mainstream or not but you can find
examples for tasks files which can easily be turned into metapackages
via blends-dev.  Probably one of the simplest example is Debian Jr.

   svn://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/projects/junior/trunk/debian-junior

and you might find other examples in this tree.  Once you generated
those metapackages it should be easy to move these and its dependencies
to a D-I CD.

Hope this helps - any remaining questions are welcome here