simple-cdd failing to complete | not sure where to look

Hey,

Sorry to bother people but I've been banging my head against the wall trying to fix this all day and haven't got anywhere it seems.

So the simple-cdd build I'm trying to run is failing. It was working until I made some trivial changes to one of the packages its using. I've tried reverting the changes and rebuilding it again but the problem is prevailing so I'm suspecting something else - I just can't seem to work out *what*. :-/

>From what I can see the key bit is this - it's not building because some folder doesn't exist for some reason.

Reading package lists...
cc1: warning: command line option "-nostdinc++" is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C
cc1: warning: command line option "-nostdinc++" is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C
Generating the complete list of packages to be included in /home/dmc/workingdir/tmp//cd-build/lenny/list...
Running sort_deps to sort packages for i386:
  Generating dependency tree with apt-cache depends...
  Adding standard, required, important and base packages first
  S/R/I/B packages take 0 bytes
  Adding the rest of the requested packages
  Now up to 353615256 bytes
Done: processed/sorted 546 packages, total size 353615256 bytes.
Reading in package information for i386:
  Done: Read details of 546 packages for i386
Starting to lay out packages into CD (650MiB CD) images: 332031 2K-blocks maximum per image
Starting new i386 CD 1 at /home/dmc/workingdir/tmp//cd-build/lenny/CD1
  Adding the required directories
  Generating the image label and volume id
  Adding .disk/base_components
  Adding .disk/cd_type
  Adding udeb/base includes/excludes
ERROR: Unable to read UDEB_EXCLUDE file /home/dmc/workingdir/tmp//debian-cd/data/lenny/i386_netinst_udeb_exclude
  Adding docs to CD1
  Extracting FAQ on CD1
mkdir: cannot create directory `/home/dmc/workingdir/tmp//cd-build/lenny/CD1/doc/FAQ/html': No such file or directory
    Failed to start disc 1, error 256
make: *** [image-trees] Error 9
simple-cdd: extra files for simple-cdd
find: `/home/dmc/workingdir/tmp//cd-build/lenny/CD1/pool': No such file or directory
ERROR: missing required packages from profile default:  less

Build machine: Debian Lenny, i386

The full build log is here: http://debian.pastebin.com/PBDbBtW2

I've tried to read through as much of the documentation as possible (and have been following pretty flawlessly for a while to be honest) but I seem to have got stuck here.

Any pointers or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

I'm happy to provide more information as requested.

Cheers :)

Tim