Re: blends-inject? (Was: r2466 - /projects/med/trunk/debian-med/tasks/imaging-dev)

Hi Andreas,

in a rush, apparently, I have sent my previous email with blends-inject
"welcome" and a question [1] to a somewhat incorrect list -- debian-med
instead of blends.  Should I repost here?

And here is blends-inject:

http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-exppsy/neurodebian.git;a=blob;f=tools/blends-inject;hb=HEAD

Its purpose to:

help maintaining package definitions within Debian blends
task files.

Often it becomes necessary to duplicate the same information about a
package within debian packaging and multiple blends task files,
possibly of different blends.  This script allows to automate:

- construction of entries
- injection into task files
- modification of existing entries if things changed
- removal of previously injected entries

And a side goal is to keep package-relevant information within the package
itself ;)

This script is in neurodebian atm repository since we thought to 'test drive'
it and get your feedback first before asking for permission to add it into the
blends repo.

To use it, you would need
* ~/.blends-inject.cfg, mine looks like:
[debian-med]
path = /home/yoh/deb/projects/debian-med/debian-med

[debian-science]
path = /home/yoh/deb/projects/debian-science

* debian/blends

  which describes which fields to add, optionally (see the Format
  directive) complementing with the fields from other files from debian/ if
  package is not yet in Debian proper. For examples look at [2]-[4]

Possible extensions to the script which is not yet there

* interaction with VCS (pull, diff, commit, push)

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2010/11/msg00015.html
[2] http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-exppsy/neurodebian.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=tools/blends-inject
[3] http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-exppsy/brian.git;a=blob;f=debian/blends;hb=debian
[4] http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-exppsy/pynn.git;a=blob;f=debian/blends;hb=debian