Re: linking between packages

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:31:23PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> One thing that is not yet in the latter page is links between packages:
> for instance, in the brltty description on the former page, there are
> links to the libbrlapi and libbrlapi-dev packages. Maybe the blend
> webpages should automatically turn words matching a package name into a
> link to the corresponding package?

Hmmm, that's not as easy as it might sound at first sight.  If I assume
your text above would be a package description and we would follow your
suggestion, we would get a link to the package "links" (first line).  We
definitely have a set of packages which are matching natural language
words and will end up with probably the same amount of false positives
as we have real links.  Moreover the effort to calculate such links
would be quite high (we would need to query every single word of the
package description against UDD, and we probably would have to do this
for all translations as well).

So my suggestion would be to rather use the Remark field to implement
a relation to other packages.  In this text you can explicitely specify
links.  (For examples see med-bio task for instance.)