Re: Database creation at install time -- before first boot

Hi,

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 11:01 +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> If you already use some kind of meta package which get's installed,you
> could do so by using dbconfig-common.

I am infact using dbconfig-common. For example if I use the
db-test-mysql-2.0 example application
(from /usr/share/doc/dbconfig-common/examples), the installation
fails with the error message :

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'

However if i try to install the same package (db-test-mysql) after
first boot, it works perfectly (creates database and pouplates it).

This makes sense since before first boot the mysql server is not
running. I've even tried things like "in-target /etc/init.d/mysql
start", but this hangs the installer.

regards
balbir