Re: preseed d-i

schoappied wrote:
Thanks for your reply!

Geert Stappers wrote:

Op 20090120 om 16:19 schreef schoappied:
Hi,

I've made an custom live-cd with d-i included. Now I want to do some preseeding and I need some help with it to getting started. I want to disable root password (enable sudo) and add a custom sources.list.

This are the options specified in the preseed.cfg to enable sudo and have a custom sources.list:

### Account setup

 [ no comment of the account setup ]

### Apt setup
# You can choose to install non-free and contrib software.
#d-i apt-setup/non-free boolean true
#d-i apt-setup/contrib boolean true
# Uncomment this if you don't want to use a network mirror.
d-i apt-setup/use_mirror boolean false
# Select which update services to use; define the mirrors to be used.
# Values shown below are the normal defaults.
#d-i apt-setup/services-select multiselect security, volatile
#d-i apt-setup/security_host string security.debian.org
#d-i apt-setup/volatile_host string volatile.debian.org

# Additional repositories, local[0-9] available
d-i apt-setup/local0/repository string \
#       http://local.server/debian stable main
 ftp://ftp.debian.us/debian/ testing main contrib non-free

the comment line after the 'continue line sign' looks strange,
make it:

d-i apt-setup/local0/repository string \
  ftp://ftp.debian.us/debian/ testing main contrib non-free

d-i apt-setup/local1/repository string \
 http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ testing main

d-i apt-setup/local2/repository string \
 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

d-i apt-setup/local3/repository string \
 http://ftp.uni-kl.de/debian-multimedia/ unstable main

d-i apt-setup/local4/repository string \
 http://security.debian.org lenny/updates main contrib non-free

#d-i apt-setup/local0/comment string local server
# Enable deb-src lines
d-i apt-setup/local0/source boolean true
Ok, and if I want to enable deb-src lines for all the repo strings I do

d-i apt-setup/local1/source boolean true

...local2....
....local3...

etc.

?

# URL to the public key of the local repository; you must provide a key or
# apt will complain about the unauthenticated repository and so the
# sources.list line will be left commented out
#d-i apt-setup/local0/key string http://local.server/key

# By default the installer requires that repositories be authenticated
# using a known gpg key. This setting can be used to disable that
# authentication. Warning: Insecure, not recommended.
d-i debian-installer/allow_unauthenticated string true

I've this in the binary file in the build environment of the live-cd:

# $LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER_PRESEEDFILE: set debian-installer preseed filename/url
# (Default: )
LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER_PRESEEDFILE="/home/d/debianlive/preseed.cfg"

Are these setting right?

Right enough to try-out   8^)

I tried it out with the settings I posted you... but when I did a 'installgui' he was just asking for the root password and I thought I set it to 'false' e.g. not making a root account...

Regards,

Dirk

EDIT: this is how such a binary file in live-helper, to build the live-cd with d-i, looks like. Maybe you can help me specifying those options:

# config/binary - options for live-helper(7), binary stage

# $LH_BINARY_FILESYSTEM: set image filesystem
# (Default: fat16)
LH_BINARY_FILESYSTEM="fat16"

# $LH_BINARY_IMAGES: set image type
# (Default: iso)
LH_BINARY_IMAGES="iso"

# $LH_BINARY_INDICES: set apt/aptitude generic indices
# (Default: enabled)
LH_BINARY_INDICES="enabled"

# $LH_BOOTAPPEND_LIVE: set boot parameters
# (Default: empty)
LH_BOOTAPPEND_LIVE="locale=nl_NL.utf8 keyb=us"

# $LH_BOOTAPPEND_INSTALL: set boot parameters
# (Default: empty)
LH_BOOTAPPEND_INSTALL=" -- ${LH_BOOTAPPEND_LIVE}"

# $LH_BOOTLOADER: set bootloader
# (Default: syslinux)
LH_BOOTLOADER="syslinux"

# $LH_CHECKSUMS: set checksums
# (Default: enabled)
LH_CHECKSUMS="enabled"

# ${LH_CHROOT_BUILD: control if we build binary images chrooted
# (Default: enabled)
# DO NEVER, *NEVER*, *N*E*V*E*R* SET THIS OPTION to disabled.
LH_CHROOT_BUILD="enabled"

# $LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER: set debian-installer
# (Default: disabled)
LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER="live"

# $LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER_DISTRIBUTION: set debian-installer suite
# (Default: empty)
LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER_DISTRIBUTION="daily"

# $LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER_PRESEEDFILE: set debian-installer preseed filename/url
# (Default: )
LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER_PRESEEDFILE="/home/d/debianlive/preseed.cfg"

# $LH_ENCRYPTION: set encryption
# (Default: disabled)
LH_ENCRYPTION="disabled"

# $LH_GRUB_SPLASH: set custom grub splash
# (Default: empty)
LH_GRUB_SPLASH=""

# $LH_HOSTNAME: set hostname
# (Default: debian)
LH_HOSTNAME="debian"

# $LH_ISO_APPLICATION: set iso author
# (Default: Debian Live)
LH_ISO_APPLICATION="Debian Live"

# $LH_ISO_PREPARER: set iso preparer
# (Default: live-helper $VERSION; http://packages.qa.debian.org/live-helper)
LH_ISO_PREPARER="live-helper $VERSION; http://packages.qa.debian.org/live-helper";

# $LH_ISO_PUBLISHER: set iso publisher
# (Default: Debian Live project; http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/; debian-live@lists.debian.org) LH_ISO_PUBLISHER="Debian Live project; http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/; debian-live@lists.debian.org"

# $LH_ISO_VOLUME: set iso volume (max 32 chars)
# (Default: Debian Live $(date +%Y%m%d-%H:%M))
LH_ISO_VOLUME="Debian Live $(date +%Y%m%d-%H:%M)"

# $LH_JFFS2_ERASEBLOCK: set jffs2 eraseblock size
# (Default: unset)
LH_JFFS2_ERASEBLOCK=""

# $LH_MEMTEST: set memtest
# (Default: memtest86+)
LH_MEMTEST="memtest86+"

# $LH_WIN32_LOADER: set win32-loader
# (Default: enabled)
LH_WIN32_LOADER="enabled"

# $LH_NET_ROOT_FILESYSTEM: set netboot filesystem
# (Default: nfs)
LH_NET_ROOT_FILESYSTEM="nfs"

# $LH_NET_ROOT_MOUNTOPTIONS: set nfsopts
# (Default: empty)
LH_NET_ROOT_MOUNTOPTIONS=""

# $LH_NET_ROOT_PATH: set netboot server directory
# (Default: /srv/debian-live)
LH_NET_ROOT_PATH="/srv/debian-live"

# $LH_NET_ROOT_SERVER: set netboot server address
# (Default: 192.168.1.1)
LH_NET_ROOT_SERVER="192.168.1.1"

# $LH_NET_COW_FILESYSTEM: set net client cow filesystem
# (Default: nfs)
LH_NET_COW_FILESYSTEM="nfs"

# $LH_NET_COW_MOUNTOPTIONS: set cow mount options
# (Default: empty)
LH_NET_COW_MOUNTOPTIONS=""

# $LH_NET_COW_PATH: set cow directory
# (Default: )
LH_NET_COW_PATH=""

# $LH_NET_COW_SERVER: set cow server
# (Default: )
LH_NET_COW_SERVER=""

# $LH_NET_TARBALL: set net tarball
# (Default: gzip)
LH_NET_TARBALL="gzip"

# $LH_SYSLINUX_SPLASH: set custom syslinux splash
# (Default: empty)
LH_SYSLINUX_SPLASH=""

# $LH_SYSLINUX_TIMEOUT: set custom syslinux timeout in seconds
# (Default: 0)
LH_SYSLINUX_TIMEOUT="0"

# $LH_SYSLINUX_CFG: set custom syslinux configuration file
# (Default: empty)
LH_SYSLINUX_CFG=""

# $LH_SYSLINUX_MENU: set syslinux menu
# (Default: disabled)
LH_SYSLINUX_MENU="disabled"

# $LH_SYSLINUX_MENU_LIVE_ENTRY: set text to be used on the menu for live entries
# (Default: Start Debian Live)
LH_SYSLINUX_MENU_LIVE_ENTRY="Start Debian Live"

# $LH_SYSLINUX_MENU_LIVE_FAILSAFE_ENTRY: set text to be used on the menu for live entries (failsafe ones)
# (Default: )
LH_SYSLINUX_MENU_LIVE_FAILSAFE_ENTRY=""

# $LH_SYSLINUX_MENU_MEMTEST_ENTRY: set text to be used on the menu for memtest entry
# (Default: Memory test)
LH_SYSLINUX_MENU_MEMTEST_ENTRY="Memory test"

# $LH_USERNAME: set username
# (Default: user)
LH_USERNAME="user"