Re: Setting up your own APT repository

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009, Grammostola Rosea wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I want to make my custom debian distro with the latest audio packages, like ardour, qtractor etc.

I personally have not spent time into verifying whether the audio packages
are up to date.  But I learned that helping out the maintainers (keyword
group maintenance) is a good method to speed things up.  Did you just filed
"New version available" bug reports against the packages in question? What
other means did you tried to fix the problem inside Debian?

It takes pretty long till the most recent packages are in Debian, some aren't there at all...

So why not pushing this process a bit?

And I heard becoming a debian package maintainer for Debian is a pain to...

What exactly is the painful part?  Do you know that you do not necessarily
have to be a Debian developer to work on the packages?

but I would like to share the packages with Debian...

Nice.  I hope I was able to give you some hints how things might be
done as an alternative to a private repository.