Using CSS instead of tables (Was: Bits from Debian Pure Blends)

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 02:26:59AM +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> Which (meta?)package should I report the following issue against?
> (Sorry to bother you personally; I couldn't work it out myself.)
>
> This page:
>
>     http://blends.alioth.debian.org/accessibility/tasks/index
>
> uses <table> to force a columnar layout that is hard to read in w3m.
> It would be better (for me) if layout was done in CSS.

I agree that the table layout is not really state of the art and this
should be changed.  Anybody who wants to help out changing the design is
welcome to tweak

   svn://svn.debian.org/blends/blends/trunk/webtools/templates

I will put this on my todo list but it has not very high priority.  Any
patch for the templates will spead up the realisation drastically.

Currently we have no real package which might recieve bug reports
for the web pages.  I have to think about how we might handle this
kind of issues via BTS.  (Ideas are welcome.)