Re: Bits from the Debian Pure Blends Team

Hi Andreas,

On Samstag, 21. März 2009, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > One suggestion though: currently you calculated the bugginess of a
> > metapackage by the number of bugs their depnds have. I'd suggest to
> > divide that by the number of packages that metapackage depends on :-)
> to regard.  Please elaborate (perhaps in private / German?).

http://blends.alioth.debian.org/edu/bugs/common.html states that dependend
packages have "1 critical, 2 serious, 122 important, 528 normal, 175 minor,
511 wishlist" bugs, but it does neither display or include into the metric
the number of dependent packages.

And "1 critical, 2 serious, 122 important, 528 normal, 175 minor, 511
wishlist" bugs are a lot for 2 dependent packages, but not for 100 dependent
packages. So the metric shown is not really so useful.

> Obtaining homepage and vcs is cheap.  You mean these links should be
> displayed in one line behind the package name?

Yes. http://blends.alioth.debian.org/edu/ looks very empty and there is no way
to find out more about this "edu blend" :-)

regards,
	Holger