Re: Name poll (Was: New name: Call for opinions)

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Paul Wise wrote:

You are missing "none of the above", which is my preferred option (I
think just calling Debian "Debian" is fine).

Well, therre are two answers from my side:

  1. (rather a question) Do you want to tell me with this mail that
     I should add "non of the above" to the poll.  Honestly I've
     thought about this, but I decided to leave it out because this
     option makes only sense in condorset votings.  And yes, when
     preparing the pool I feeled urgend need for rating like in
     condorset method.  IMHO it is reasonable to watch what happens.
     If there is a really clear winner then we can decide.  If not
     I volunteer to try another means.

  2. I'm personally perfectly against only "Debian".  The rationale
     behind this is that I want to build a stronger connection between
     groups inside Debian who might share the same techniques and
     gain from synergy effects.  If we fail to make this clear by
     a common name people will continue to reinvent wheels inside
     Debian and chances of higher success of these projects are
     wasted.