Re: New name: Call for opinions

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

Well, we have this condorcet voting mechanism in Debian - I see no
reason to derive from this.  IMHO this list + the lists of each
existing project seems apropriate.  IMHO readers of the list are
interested voters (yes, there is an option that you buy a gang of
people who subscribe to the list and promote your favourite name - but
I guess this will not really happen). Votting mails should be signed
by a valid key.

So in your opinion participants in the vote is readers of this and
related lists that is part of the Debian ring of trust?

Make a better suggestion if you think this is suboptimal.

Consensus and democratic voting is *different* methods to reach a
decision.

Sure.

(and until you brought up the issue of voting I actually believed that
you wanted to avoid that and instead take the needed time to reach
consensus by open debate instead)

I do not see any convergence to a consensus nor do I think that this
can be approached.  I'd be happy if I'm wrong.  Please prove me wrong!!!
I'd be so happy if that would happen.