Re: Please help with unicode problem on tasks page generation
- To: Custom Debian Distributions <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Please help with unicode problem on tasks page generation
- From: Andreas Tille <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:30:20 +0200 (CEST)
- Message-id: <alpine.DEB.1.10.0806181328540.701@wr-linux02>
- In-reply-to: <alpine.DEB.1.10.0806181139150.701@wr-linux02>
- References: <alpine.DEB.1.10.0806181139150.701@wr-linux02>
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Andreas Tille wrote:
you get all the problematic descriptions (140kByte) which seem to be
all non-ASCII character containing texts. Even in untranslated descriptions
does this problem happen - just grep for "(lang='en')" in the output above.
The strange thing is that genshi.Markup tries unicode(string) which fails -
but it should not, because all the descriptions are properly formated
solves the problem (many thanks to Enrico Zini).
The output has some other strange formatting issues, but I'll look after this...