Re: Working on the tasks pages

A Dimarts 03 Juny 2008, Andreas Tille va escriure:
> On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > Well, I'm an advocate of the i18n but IMHO solve mistakes has more
> > priority. But, by now we don't have a deadline.
>
> I'll sewhat I can do about factorizing the remaining Debian Med stuff to
> work for everybody.

Ok.

> > Task: Robotics
> > This metapackage will install Debian Science packages related to
> > Robotics.
> >
> > Recommends:
> > Comment:
> > Homepage:
> > License:
> > Responsible:
> > Pkg-Description:
> >
> > With this file you generate a left column with a summary (and some
> > explanation of the debian-med project ;-) )
>
> This is a static column (and thus was not touched by me which explains the
> remaining Debian Med specific stuff).

so it should be touched. Is it in you TODO list, no?

> > and a right column with a list of packages
> > separated by:
> >
> > Green: The project is available as an official Debian package
> > Yellow: The project is available as an inofficial Debian package
> > Red: The project is not (yet) available as a Debian package
> >
> > If I would like to add some text before each category, or a paragraph, or
> > whatever. Should I to add some tag to separate it?
>
> You can't because it would be ignored.  Just propose the text you would
> like to see and I would think about an implementation.

Well, we have:

Task:

Recommends:
Comment:
Homepage:
License:
Responsible:
Pkg-Description:

and the idea is, from a very simple text file, using php, create some kind of
nice html, no?

So, a fast propose only thought 10 minutes:

<Summary> the text to put on the left column. Explain the characteristic of
the task. It's the abstract of the task. Links to the lists, explanation of
the right column, etc.

<Task> the name of the task

<Description> the complete explanation of the task.

<Recommends> official package from debian. I would "pick" the information form
http://packages.debian.org: homepage, description, etc.
<Comment> a comment of the package

<package> name of the software recommended to package
<Pkg-Description>
<Responsible> who is the "guilty" person of the recommend.
<Comment> a comment about the package.
<Homepage>
<License>

<sub-task> a specific sub task inside the task

Then I could have file:

----------------------
<Summary> Debian Robotics packages

This metapackage will install Debian Science packages related to Robotics.

 The list to the right includes various software projects which are of some
interest to the Debian-Med Project. Currently, only a few of them are
available as Debian packages. It is our goal, however, to include all
software in Debian-robotics Med which can sensibly add to a.....
</Summary>

<Task> robotics
<Description> A generic group of packages that could be used in the robotics
field area .....
</Description>
<Recommends> Libcoin40-runtime
<comment> a comment about the package. </comment>
</Recommends>

<Recommends> Libcomedi0
<comment> a comment about the package.</comment>
</Recommends>

<package> orocos
<Pkg-Description> orocos bla, bla </Pkg-Description>
<Responsible> I</Responsible>
<Comment> a comment about the package. </Comment>
<Homepage> http://..</Homepage>
<License></License>
</package>

<sub-task> a specific sub task inside the task
<Description> description of the subtask
</Description>

<Recommends> ... the same as task

<package> the same as task

</sub-task>
</Task>

Andreas, this is just a simple propose. I have added the <> to finish the tags
in some way, because there are tags inside tags (as xml ...)

With this approach you could create a simple page, no directories, etc with
sub task. The idea that I have in mind is that generic task has the common
packages and the sub-task the specific packages.

> This is the problem.  We have no such code which does generate this because
> there was no need for coding this up to now.  I continue to think that
> robotics has not jet enough content to split it up.

let me some time ... ;-)

Regards,

Leo