Re: ERROR: missing required packages from profile default: simple-cdd-profiles

Alain a écrit :
Enrico Zini a écrit :
On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 02:59:21PM +0100, Alain wrote:

I'm trying to build my own Debian CD with simple-cdd.
As I need old packages, I'd like to pick them from http://snapshot/debian.net (to be more precise http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2005/10/16/debian/). But I got the following error: ERROR: missing required packages from profile default: simple-cdd-profiles

Are you on amd64?  From my experience, I've never been able to download
binary-all files with an apt running on amd64, because AFAICT
snapshot.debian.net has broken Packages files for amd64.

Ciao,

Enrico
No, I'm on an Intel P4 ...

Alain
In fact, I can't make a running CD with simple-cdd.
Each time I succeed making a CD, it doesn't look like I want: I make a preseed file in myprofile, but the questions I have to answer are already preseeded, and some packages I want to install (e.g. kde) aren't.
So I think I made a big mistake, but where ?

If I try to make a CD base on http://snapshot.debian.net mirror, it always finishes with a "ERROR: missing required packages from profile default: simple-cdd-profiles" message.

The tool looks pretty interesting, but I can't manage to make it work. Is there somewhere a more detailed tutorial than those on http://wiki.debian.org/Simple-CDD/Howto ?

Thanks,

alain