Re: Missing required package is not missing?

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 16:05 -0700, vagrant@freegeek.org wrote:
> please use the instructions from the wiki page:
>
>   http://wiki.debian.org/Simple-CDD/Howto

I did follow it first by doing:

build-simple-cdd --profiles-udeb-dist sid --debian-mirror
http://debian.ius.cc/debian

(debian.ius.cc being my local mirror)

and it worked fine. Then I created profiles/ci3725.packages _withouth_
ghc6, and again it worked fine. After adding ghc6, it did not work and
reported the exact same error as before.

I created other profiles with lots of different packages (office stuff,
multimedia stuff from debian-multimedia.org and whatnot) and they worked
out fine.

> the only thing in your profile is profiles/ci3725.packages:
>
> alex
> happy
> haddock
> ghc6
>
> correct?

Yes. If I remove ghc6, works.

I tried adding some libghc6-*-dev packages (which depend on ghc6)
_without_ adding ghc6 to the list... and the error persists, but this
time it complains about the libghc6-*-dev packages missing.
--
Ernesto Hernández-Novich - Linux 2.6.18 i686 - Unix: Live free or die!
Geek by nature, Linux by choice, Debian of course.