Re: Proposal for a new CDD project: Debian4Linux

Am Sonntag, 22. April 2007 09:15 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2007, Luis Matos wrote:
> > The only thing to do is to have a script that the user can run after the
> > instalation.
>
> Definitely.  And we should probably develop a tool for the cdd package
> that does this in a unified way (perhaps using cfengine or something like
> that).

IMHO it would be mandatory for the tool to keep any configuration state _only_
in the original config files. No debconf answer database whatsoever. Parsers
know the syntax and a meta-config definition describes the semantics. The
tool must not interfere with any hand-editing or other means of config
manipulation.

Also very important ist the config upgrade handling.

http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/CFG