Re: Patch for simple-cdd and debian-cd 3.0

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 06:36:07PM -0300, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> On 2/26/07, Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org> wrote:
> >"Gustavo Franco" <stratus@debian.org> writes:
> >> On 2/26/07, Gustavo Franco <stratus@debian.org> wrote:

> >> The image is bootable, but i've a problem that need your input
> >> Vagrant. Introducing the call below to copy the extra files breaks
> >> invoking the preseed using /simple-cdd, see:
> >>
> >> cp -a $simple_cdd_dir/extras/ $simple_cdd_temp/cd-build/$CODENAME/CD1
> >>

> >> This way the CD layout will contain /extras/simple-cdd and not just
> >> /simple-cdd. I can fix this invoking the preseed using
> >> /extras/simple-cdd/... and in every other call or copy just the
> >> simple-cdd directory and not extras. Thoughts?
> >
> >Better to use this new directory, IMHO :-)
> >

> No build-simple-cdd patch is needed then, it requires a
> simple-cdd.conf change though:
>
> The default KERNEL_PARAMS line in simple-cdd needs to be updated for:
> export KERNEL_PARAMS="preseed/file=/cdrom/extras/simple-cdd/default.preseed"

i'd prefer to keep the /simple-cdd directory on the CD, rather than
moving it to /extra/simple-cdd/ ...

something like:

mkdir -p foo/bar/simple-cdd/
rsync --delete -aWHr $simple_cdd_dir/extras/. foo/bar/simple-cdd/

or alternately, renaming "extras" to simple-cdd and just copying it the
same way it already was...

since it's simple-cdd that's creating the directory, and there are
several other places in the code that use that directory...  i'd rather
ensure the appropriate directory gets created than change all the code
to support some new directory.

i will try and merge the patches in the next few evenings (after some
more comments...)

live well,
  vagrant