Re: Re: Re: trying simple-cdd

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 03:31:27PM -0500, Lloyd R. Prentice wrote:
> We're closing in. Today's run went smoothly... Just three questions:
>
> 1) Install did not ask for host name so login prompt reads:
> "unassigned-hostname:"

that is set in profiles/default.preseed

you can comment it out to have it ask you, or change it to something
you'd prefer. (search for unassigned)

> 2) Install didn't ask me which kernel to install. Automatically
> installed linux-image-2.6.486

that's default behaviour, yes. if you want more kernels to choose from,
add them to profiles/test.downloads

> 3) Still no startx. I put it in test.downloads. Should that have been
> test.profiles?

yes, if you actually want it to install the program (with a few
exceptions such as kernel packages), put it in profiles/test.packages.

> I may have time for one more run later today/tonight. Then, I'll be off
> air until Friday or Saturday.

good luck :)

> Thanks to Vagrant, Jason, and Wolfgang.

thanks for testing it! :)