Re: trying simple-cdd

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 01:31:19AM -0500, lloyd@paisite.com wrote:
> > did you include linux-image-2.6-486 in your test.packages?
>
> No. Just gimp xfrc4, and the X packages you suggested.

odd, then.

> I'll have some working time on Sunday, then I'm off to CES for a week. So,
> looking ahead, would it be smarter for me to start adding packages to
> test.packages, or play with some of the preseeding options?

i think the first step is getting a CD that installs the chosen packages
sucessfully without any major glitches. i wouldn't mess with preseeding
until you can get that.

> Also, the system I'm working on has limited memory, 256K. Do you see a
> problem as I start adding packages?

i've run it on a machine with 196MiB of ram. so if you mean 256MiB,
i'magine it will be fine. :)

add swap into the picture, and if it needs to use swap, it will run
slow, but shouldn't cause any errors.

good thing there's people out there to find all the ways this stuff can
break. otherwise i wouldn't have anything to do :)

good luck!

live well,
  vagrant