Re: questions about starting a custom cd project

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 11:42:52PM -0500, Pat wrote:
>  Hi,
>  I have been thinking about starting a custom cd project. Are there
> any guidelines to follow for developing the CDD, especially pertaining
> to including other gpl software not currently in Debian?

For startes, start the process of including it in Debian. It won't help
you in the short run, and you'll still have to maintain your own
independent source. But it will give you a very important reality check.

Try to get your package into Lenny.

What package is it?

> Also I am
> wondering how to get it listed on the debian wiki,

It's a wiki. You list it.

> and if the iso can be mirrored by the Debian mirrors.

Those are reserved for official Debian CD images.
If you don't have extra space, try getting one from hosting services
such as sourceforge or others. At the time I had better luch with
dotsrc.org (sunsite.dk).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir@jabber.org