Re: debconf questions

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 02:15:48PM -0300, Matias Soler wrote:
> Well, as you can imagine i'm new on the list, so first of all i want
> to thank you all for mantaining this great proyect!

thanks for trying simple-cdd.

> Please excuse my english, it's not my native language, i'll do my best :)

no need to apologize, you're english is overall fine. :)

> I've been able to build a custom debian cd using preseeding, post-inst
> scripts, and adding home-made packages without problems.

good. :)

> The problem i'm having is that some of these home-made packets make
> use of debconf questions to ask for some simple parameters while they
> are being configured. But if I list them into myprofile.packages, the
> questions neves appear in the installation and the packages remain
> unconfigured. If i list them into myprofile.downloads and then run
> apt-get install mypackage manually everithuig works fine, but this
> solution is not very nice.
>
> Any idea of what can be the problem?

> pd: I've set the priority of the questions to critical (in my packages).

i'm not sure, but debian-installer may be installing the packages with
"DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive" but i don't know how to change that
off-hand.

you *might* be able to workaround with myprofile.postinst that does
"dpkg-reconfigure $p" for each package, and explicitly setting
DEBIAN_FRONTEND to something other than noninteractive... but i'm not
positive this will work.

i'll try and see if i can come up with something better...

good luck.

live well,
  vagrant