Re: Proposal for a new CDD sub-project: Debian4Business

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 10:34:50PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 09:17:38AM -0400, Matthew McGuire a écrit :
>
> > a single tasksel system does sound nice, but it makes building the
> > iso images for the installers impossible. If the user can select an
> > essentially infinite number of tasks from the one interface then
> > the installer would require a disk image too large for CD media.
>
> Hi,
>
> I think that a solution was already previously proposed by me and
> others: If the pacakges necessary for the installation of the CDDs were
> not available, the tasks would be greyed, and when the network is
> available, it does not matter that the packages pulled by the CDD are
> not present on the physical installaiton medium.

If the network is not loaded, then the network packages sources are
remmed out by the installer, right?

So if the local media has only the tasks that are available from local
packages, the problem is solved, right?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir@jabber.org