Re: Proposal for a new CDD project: Debian4Linux

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

However such a modification, should it have been written, should be part
of Debian.

If it is part of a CDD it is part of Debian (see previous mails
in this thread).  CDDs are about inter package connections that
they work smoothly together.  If there is somebody who wants to
care about it inside Debian and gives this internal project (CDD)
a name (Debian4Enterprise or whatever), I regard this as a good
idea.  If somebody does something else than it was suggested and
forks Debian to do it outside I would agree with your doubts.

Again: sorry folks we are dealing with a bad name (Custom Debian
Distributions) that sounds like something else but Debian.  This
was not my choice and I nearly reached the point where I will
start a renaming discussion.