Re: Preseeding and options - default or profile.preseed?

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 11:02:35AM -0300, Ivan Paganini wrote:
> Here is what happened last night:
> 1) Including the packages that I nedd in default.packages or profile.packages,
> and then adding the command below in default.preseed
> d-i pkgsel/include string x-window-system lirc
> (where x-window-system and lirc are the packages that I want installed) done
> the trick. Thank you very much, again! ;-)

you really should not need to add that line to your preseed. anything in
default.packages or selected profiles/*.packages files should get queued
for installation with apt-install as part of the simple-cdd-profiles
udeb postinst script.

please post your /var/log/installer/syslog somewhere, i would really
like to take a look at it.

> 2) The Splash did not worked! Uncommenting the line SPLASH on simple-cdd.conf
> and putting the image (PNG, 640x480), simple-cdd just gave me
>
> /root/etch-simple-cdd/tmp//debian-cd/tools/boot/etch/boot-i386: line 197:
> pngtopnm: command not found
> /root/etch-simple-cdd/tmp//debian-cd/tools/boot/etch/boot-i386: line 197:
> ppmquant: command not found
> /root/etch-simple-cdd/tmp//debian-cd/tools/boot/etch/boot-i386: line 198:
> ppmtolss16: command not found
...snip...
> but, if I comment again the line, everything works normal
> again... but this is not critical.

install the netpbm (for pngtopnm, ppmquant) and syslinux (for
ppmtolss16) packages. these packages are recommended by debian-cd.

> am seeking for the boot splash image, not only in install. The rest of the installer can be the debian-install standard, but I am
> thinking in subsequent normal boots after the install... grub splash image? I
> understand
> that this is related to the grub package, but

i don't know, hopefully others have more of an idea how to configure
this...

> I am in doubt how to include the
> splash.png in the CD. I am trying to use the simple-cdd.conf all_extras to
> include my files, but with no success. The files are placed in the simple-cdd
> directory in the iso, correct? But I cannot include any files.
>
> # extra files to include onto the CD
> # these will get copied to /simple-cdd dir on the CD
> all_extras="file_1.png"

use the full path ... i.e.:

all_extras="$simple_cdd_dir/file_1.png"

or