Re: What happened to Agnula.org (DeMuDi)?

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Tomas Nykung wrote:

The reason I didn't recommend the OP to install Etch is that Etch is not
ready for multimedia out of the box, most importantly there is no real
time enabled kernel in stock Etch, and that is a _must_ when working
with real time audio (latency).

Well, if this is the case why did the people behind 64studio not
maintain a kernel package that fits their needs.  I would be really
astonished if there would be no possibility to maintain a package
linux-image-rt (or whatever name).

It's of course possible to patch and compile the kernel oneself, and
tweak the installation until it works for an audio studio or whatever,
but it's a lot of fiddling around and Free has already done this with 64
Studio, so why not use it? :)

I'm a little bit confused that Free did so because we had several
discussions in the CDD field and my impression was that his goal
would be to go the integration path.  May be he changed his mind
but it would be interesting if he would share his reasons to do so.

I haven't tried 64 Studio myself, but based on my experience with
DeMuDi, and knowing that it's basically the same guys behind 64 Studio
(Free) I think it must be good enough for me to dare recommend people to
at least try it.

It is fine to recommend this and everybody (especially Free ;-)) is free
to use it.