Re: Kernel choice

El Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 08:52:22PM +0100, Vincent Bernat va escriure:
> Hi !
>
> Currently,   when   generating  a   custom   image,   the  kernel   is
> linux-image-2.6-486       ;        this       installs       currently
> linux-image-2.6.18-3-486.  This generic  kernel does  not  support SMP
> (even if this  is a 2.6.18). Is there some magics  that would allow to
> install the  best kernel for the  given architecture ? Or  should I do
> this in a postinst script ?

If things have not changed since the Sarge d-i, to get the best kernel for
your architecture on a normal CD install (i.e. one built using simple-cdd and
debian-cd) you have to include all the kernels on the first CD.

If you do a network install you just need to have all the kernels on your
repository, using a full Debian mirror you get the best kernel for your
architecture.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69