Re: network-bootable simple-cdd

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 05:52:43PM +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> I eventually gave up on using netboot for the moment, as the simple-cdd
> udeb needs some word in order not to assume it has the files in /cdrom .

thanks for trying, it's been on my TODO list for a while.

i wrote the .udeb postinst script(s) such that it's defined as a
variable, but currently hard-coded to /cdrom, with the thought that it
could be fixed later.

if the wget in debian-installer supports recursive fetching, i don't
think it would be too hard to re-write the script to support http or ftp
for simple-cdd profile related files. or even if it didn't support
recursive download, we could write a file with a list of supported
profile types that could be downloaded, and attempt to download all the
appropriate files.

but first, i'd like to get the CD creation process working, and my time
for it is far more limited than i would like at the moment.

live well,
  vagrant