Re: trying simple-cdd

Hi Vagrant,

Yeah! We have liftoff... Sort of.

Install went well up to 85% into "loading base system."

At that point the system returned the following error:

"An error was returned while trying to install the kernel into the target
system."
"Kernel package: linux-image-2.6-486"

In trying to bring up the virtual console to see what went wrong, I was
given a chance to load the base system again. Which I elected. Got a
warning about old files possibly corrupting install, but system continued
to chug along. This time I got a choice of kernels to install (pretty sure
I didn't get this choice the first time around).

I selected 2.6.18-3-486 and install went to completion with no more
complaints.

I couldn't test the X window managers, however, since the system didn't
recognize startx. Do I need to add startx to config?

Incidently, you might note in your docs that you need to be in root to
execute the ./build-simple-cdd step.

Much appreciate your patience.

All the best,

Lloyd