boot problem

Hi list,
I don't know if this is the right list, however...

I have a problem with the "netinst.iso":
I mount, modify and re-create it with mkisofs. I try the new iso with
qemu and all work well since it say me that "incorrect cdrom detected".
On "Alt-F4" I see: "cdrom-detect: The available CD is not a Debian CD!"

But this isn't true, because I only create a new sim-link into the cd
(that mounted from the .iso) and re-create it!

What "cdrom-detect" control for say me that this isn't a real debian cd?
Have you some advice for me?

Thanks,
Michele