Re: Google sumer of code, need a DD

El vie, 05-05-2006 a las 11:43 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard escribió:
> On Fri, 5 May 2006 10:30:47 +0200 MarioDebian wrote:
>
> > We need 64 Mb because initramfs is uncompressed in RAM in rw mode, I
> > will work in leave in initramfs image only essential files we really
> > need or examining other initramfs options to mount all in ro mode.
>
> I'd be happy to work with you on investigating the possible use of
> yaird, if interested.
>

>  - Jonas

Hi

yaird uses less ram but have some disadvantages.

yaird is programed in perl (I'm not a perl expert, I prefer bash)

initramfs was hacked by Guadalinex and ubuntu (casper) people to make
live-cdroms (and by me to make usb-lives) and it's more easy to add
"plugins" to change initramfs behaviour.

Cheers

PD.- Please CC to me, I'm not subscribed