Re: RFC: debian-lanserver Custom Debian Distribution (CDD)

Bjørn,

I think this is an excellent idea, and I would like to be involved.  Do
you have a focus for this yet?  Is there a wiki page or mailing list
where interested people can join?  If not yet, should we continue to use
the CDD list to work out whether there is enough interest to start this
project?

I have installed many such servers using debian as a base, and find that
a large amount of configuration is needed which is the same at each
site.  I usually start either with a base debian install and spend many
hours configuring it, or I start with a copy of another server I have
installed and munge the config.  Neither is ideal, and a CDD with
appropriate pre-seeding and sane default configuations would be much
better....

Cheers,

Alex