Re: Status of the CDD Toolkit

El Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 08:31:31AM -0400, Ben Armstrong va escriure:
> On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 14:22 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > While Debian-Jr decided to set the focus on DebTags I think having
> > something that supports metapackages is still important.  IMHO
> > DebTags might have great advantages over metapackages I think we
> > should do this *in adition* and not as a replacement.  Thus having
> > stable methods to build metapackages is important, IMHO.
>
> Debtags only addresses a fraction of the needs of CDDs.  I'd be
> interested in seeing CDDT take debtags into account alongside
> metapackages.

I'm sure debtags is interesting, but support can be added once some of the
components are already on the archive.

And I want to upload now because I'm sure I will be unable to do it without
debtags next year, as I believe debtags will be made mandatory by the next DPL
(not the one been elected now, but supose the next one) who has to be enrico
if he nominates himself with a platform like this one:

  http://www.enricozini.org/blog/eng/ideas-dpl-platform.html

;)

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69