Re: PDK of Componentized Linux

On 2/22/06, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 05:48:01PM +0100, daniele favara wrote:
>
> > with smart pm there is already the possibility to select "channels" ..
> > but i've never tested it ..
> >
> > http://labix.org/smart
>
> Those are basically equivalent of the multiple sources of apt.
> Apt and urpmi has had this feature working for years. It is a rather
> basic feature for any package manager. Even SuSE have realised that, I
> believe.

well .. it seems smart is different:

"In this section will be described real cases showing `Smart` behavior
in comparison with other tools, or handling unusual situations.

Notice that Smart was not tunned to work in any of these cases, and
the reason it works is because handling unusual situations was the
initial project goal."

from Case Studies section:

http://svn.smartpm.python-hosting.com/trunk/README

now .. i didn't test smart and i didn't test pdk, so i've probably
misunderstood something, i was just thinking the smart algorithm for
solving dependecies could be useful even for pdk (that i'll test as
soon as i can).

ciao

--
----