Re: ITP: ibuild -- Custom GNU/Linux LiveCD Distribution creator

|--==> Sergio Talens-Oliag writes:

  ST> [1  <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
  ST> El Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 07:54:17AM +0100, Andreas Tille va escriure:
  >>On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Gürkan Sengün wrote:
  >>>Homepage: http://ibuild.livecd.net/
  >>GREAT!  This was the package I was waiting for ...

  ST>   Has anybody looked at the Ubuntu LiveCD system? I've dowloaded and tested
  ST>   them and it looks that they do what I always thought was the way to go for
  ST>   Debian, they use the debian-installer system for initial configuration and boot
  ST>   the LiveCD from that. It seems they use a package called casper, but I
  ST>   haven't had time to look at how it works internally, if someone has the time
  ST>   to look at it comments will be welcomed (it's in my TODO list, but my TODO
  ST>   list is quite long right now).

  ST>   BTW, the Ubuntu LiveCD I'm talking about can be downloaded from here:

  ST>     http://cdimage.ubuntulinux.org/daily-live/current/

Definitely I think that d-i   based Live-CDs are The   Way To Go.   We
already  have almost everything  is  needed, an initrd minimal  system
with udebs components  hw detection etc.  We only need and udeb  which
mounts a  cloop-compressed  file system and  creates the  relevant sym
links. Would be really cool.. I'm downloading Ubuntu's live right now.

Cheers,

Free