Re: ITP: ibuild -- Custom GNU/Linux LiveCD Distribution creator

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 07:54 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> >  Description     : Custom GNU/Linux LiveCD Distribution creator
> > Intellibuild (iBuild) is a program that allows you to quickly and easily
> > create your own custom GNU/Linux LiveCD Distribution (like Knoppix and
> > Morphix). A LiveCD allows you to run linux from the CD-ROM without having
> > to install it on the computer's hard drive.
> > .
> > Homepage: http://ibuild.livecd.net/
> GREAT!  This was the package I was waiting for ...

Waiting? The ibuild and morphix team have been working
together/side-by-side for over a year now, have had ibuild and other
autobuilding packages on http://www.morphix.org/debian for quite a few
months. Any maintainers out there who want a few dozen more packages :)

ibuild is very cool, however there are some issues: you need a morphix
base to start with, and each subset of packages requires a python-patch.
We have a few tools that close the gap, so it's likely that these will
be used in ibuild in the future.

cheers,
Alex

| Alex de Landgraaf            | The cure for boredom is curiosity |
| Student AI & CS, VU, A'dam   |  There is no cure for curiosity   |
| Phone: 06-16844084           |                                   |
| GPG: http://www.alextreme.org/key_alex.asc    /'-'\              |
| www.alextreme.org & www.morphix.org          ( o o )             |