Re: CDD: Debian-Hebrew

On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 12:34:12PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Baruch Even]
> > I wanted to announce here a new CDD called Debian-Hebrew, aimed to
> > bring a simple install of Debian to Hebrew speakers.
>
> Are you aware of the localization-config package, and the support in
> tasksel for language specific tasks?  I believe you should try to get
> the required changes into those two packages, as it would make sure
> the default debian-installer experience for Hebrew improves too. :)

There are a bunch of things that are not exactly language-specific but
more cuntry-specific. The thing that comes to mind is to support all the
crazy connection methods employed by all sorts of ISPs, assuming one
does not have a full Debian CD set.

The packages pptp and eciadsl were not deemed important enough to be on
the first CD of Sarge. But they are required for some connections,
sadly.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com